- Information for new students on course placement in English, quantitative reasoning (Q) courses, and Mathematics courses
- First Year Writing Course Equivalency Review information for transfer students only
- Math Placement Assessment waiver request form for students who began at UConn prior to Fall 2013 who wish to be waived from the Mathematics Placement Assessment requirement
- AP Credit Guidelines from the undergraduate catalog
Major and Career Exploration
- The Major Experience – explore majors at UConn
- Center for Career Development- Major Exploration Tools
- Center for Career Development – Career Exploration Tools
- Academic Center for Exploratory Students
- Q Center Tutoring for quantitative courses
- Writing Center
- Chemistry Tutoring
- Economics Tutoring
- Engineering Tutoring Center
- Physics Tutoring
- Language Tutoring– Go to Undergraduate Tab for Tutoring Schedule
- Research Help
- CETL HuskyCT Support HuskyCT Help
Academic Achievement Center (AAC)
- One-on-one academic coaching and counseling on effective learning and study strategies, exam preparation, motivation, goal setting, and stress management.
- Workshops and presentations on study strategies, time management and other topics
- UConn Connects : Pairs each student with a faculty, staff or peer facilitator who will guide them through the semester. To sign up for UConn Connects, visit the AAC website.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI):
- Work in small, collaborative groups with your peers
- Review lecture material, course reading, and assignments through exam reviews, practice quizzes, and discussions
Dean of Students (DoS)
If you have a question, a concern or a problem to solve, and you are not sure where to begin, the Dean of Students Office is a great place to start. Matters with which the Dean of Students office assists:
- Exam rescheduling
- Mediation for ongoing relationship problems with friends, roommates, coworker, faculty member, etc.
- Sexual assault reporting and resources
- Assist with ongoing academic issue like poor grades or interpersonal issue in the course
- Voluntary Separation from the University
- Short Term Emergency Loan Funds/ Veteran Loan Funds
- Residency declaration for in-state tuition
- Readmission to UConn
- Extensions for incomplete courses
Student Support Services (SSS)
- Increases access to the University of Connecticut for first-generation, low-income and/or underrepresented students.
- Services include: tutoring, counseling and advising, peer advising
Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD)
- Accommodations and services available to students with a documented disability. Apply for services on the CSD website.
- Beyond Access (open to all students by application; fee for service program)
- Helps students work on time management and organization, study skills, stress management, self-advocacy, memory and concentration, social skills, career preparation, health and wellness, and reading and writing strategies
Academic Adjustments for Q or Second Language
Academic adjustments are provided in limited cases involving a significant disability, where the graduation expectations for the quantitative skills and/or second language proficiency are a barrier to the completion of a degree.
Student-Athlete Success Program (SASP)
- Advising and guidance for student-athletes
- Information Center located in Wilbur Cross
- Advice about navigating UConn as well as using the Student Administration system