New Students: Advising and Orientation
Welcome to UConn!
All new students must complete advising modules as part of their online pre-orientation activities in order to ensure they are prepared for their academic advising experience at Orientation. During Orientation, you’ll be connected to academic resources essential for your success as a Husky, and you’ll also build your schedule of courses in partnership with your academic advising team in your school, college, or regional campus.
- Complete your pre-orientation requirements as soon as you have paid your enrollment deposit. These requirements and modules will be available beginning in April 2023.
- After completing your requirements, you will be able to schedule your Orientation date with the Office of Orientation Services.
- Make sure you have taken all required placement tests at least seven (7) days before your Orientation session.
- During your on-campus Orientation session, you will meet with the academic advising team in your school, college, or regional campus.
- Course enrollment/registration will occur during your Orientation program.
If you have any additional questions about Orientation and academic advising after reviewing the Orientation webpage and your school/college’s new student website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, welcome to UConn!