Getting an undergraduate degree is not just about meeting the university’s graduation requirements. Seek out opportunities that enrich your undergraduate experience, complement your classroom learning, and prepare you for graduate school and/or career.
Preparing for Graduate and Professional Schools
- Other Graduate School Resources
- Confer with faculty in the field you wish to pursue
- Center for Career Development Graduate School page
- Writing Center Guide on Personal Statements
*If you are looking for information on UConn’s pre-majors (pre-teaching, pre-pharmacy, pre-kinesiology, pre-sport management), please see the Academic Center for Exploratory Students (ACES) which advises students who intend to apply to these programs.
Center for Career Development (CCD)
- Choosing a Major
- General Career Counseling
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Job Searching
- Internships and Co-Ops
- Career Fairs
- Certificate of Professional Development
Senior Year Experience
The Senior Year Experience promotes a successful transition for college students to the world beyond the University.
Other Professional Development Opportunities
- School of Business: Global Business Leadership Seminar Series and Certificate in Diversity Leadership (open to all students)